Linking Generations Grandparent Program
Starting Fall 2018
Created in 2004 as a charitable organization, Linking Generations provides mentored and structured visits aimed at building relationships between seniors and youth in our community. The program brings the generations together so they can share their knowledge and life experiences, and encourages volunteering and social responsibility in youth.
Linking Generations creates connections that foster caring and sharing between seniors and youth through mentorship and volunteerism.
Where seniors and youth build relationships that enrich their lives and enhance their communities.
Become a Linking Generations School Grandparent
It doesn’t take much to be a part of your community. It can start by visiting a school classroom.
As a Linking Generations School Grandparent, you will be joining a growing number of women and men who are dedicated to building strong communities through intergenerational connections.
The Linking Generations Grandparent program welcomes your interest if you:
- Are 60 years or older and live in the County of Strathcona area
- Enjoy the company of young children
- Have a desire to assist in the learning environment of an elementary school’s community
- Can share 2-3 hours per month at an elementary school, with Grade 5-6 youth
- Can commit for at least one full school year (October- April)
- Have your own transportation
If you or a Senior Family member is interested in volunteering, please email Debbie Sinclair; Executive Director; Linking Generations at email@example.com or check out Linking Generations website at www.linkinggenerations.ca