In partnership with
$150 for 150 Youth to Celebrate Canada’s 150th Birthday
Are you interested in making your community a better place? The Information and Volunteer Centre in partnership with Strathcona County Family and Community Services is encouraging youth in Strathcona County to plan and implement community-focused projects by offering grants of $150 to celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday. The projects can be done by individual youth or by a group of up to 10 youth pooling their funds together.
We invite youth to explore ways that their event can help build a community that is safe, inclusive and connected.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a youth aged 12 to 21
- Be a Strathcona County resident
- Apply for only one project
The projects must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Successful projects will take place in Strathcona County
- Successful projects will be free, accessible, and welcoming to all
- Successful projects will not involve political activity
- Successful projects cannot involve the purchase of alcohol
- Successful projects will adhere to local laws and bylaws
- Successful projects will be completed by December 31, 2017
If applying as a group (up to 10 youth):
- One person takes responsibly for receiving funds and the final report
- A cheque will be issued to one person
- All applicants work together to ensure the success of the project
- If under 18, have an adult mentor for the project who will support the youth to succeed in the project
- Fill out accompanying application including a detailed plan of your project with a budget
- Agree to submit a final report of the project, including receipts, within 30 days of the project completion
- Grant applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis by the Information & Volunteer Centre until all funds have been distributed in the community.
- Cheques will be made out to individuals within two weeks after the grant has been approved
- You will be notified of your grant status one week after the review of the applications
Click here for project ideas!