150 for 150 Volunteer Challenge
The 150 for 150 Volunteer Challenge will celebrate the energies and contributions of volunteers from across Strathcona County. Residents are encouraged to volunteer AND register their hours throughout the year with a goal of making it to 150 hours volunteered in 2017!
IVC will be celebrating ALL volunteer contributions for our community.
150 Hours Volunteer Challenge Details
What kind of volunteering qualifies?
- Volunteering at a non-profit or charitable organization
- Casual volunteering in the community (ie snow shoveling, picking up garbage in a park etc.)
- Volunteering at organizations anywhere is eligible! (Strathcona County, Edmonton, virtually etc)
- The only requirement is that you are a resident in Strathcona County!
- The Volunteer Centre supports volunteering of any kind!
What will be happening throughout the year?
- Specially signed certificates for residents who reach the 150 hours goal AND for participating
- Commemorative 150 Challenge pins
- Special small “Common Ground” coffee parties acknowledging residents who reach their goal
- Inspiring stories about organizations and their volunteers throughout the year
- Volunteer Challenge Crew will be at special events throughout the year celebrating residents contributions
- Significant milestones will be recognized (ie first 100 days, first resident to reach 150 hour goal etc)
- Running monthly total of Strathcona County hours volunteered – online and in the Sherwood Park News
150 for 150 Volunteer Challenge Sponsors